Saturday

Calm after the storm...

Nothing seemed the same since the Sandy bitch slapped us and left us with hopeless feeling of how small we are as human being...

Over two weeks of no power and on going recovery efforts completely drained me to the point where I couldn't function at work nor at home. Finally, I feel like I can get back into the routine since the most of the damage have been addressed.
Took this picture from my kayak.

Lived like this for a few weeks...piles of garbage that were once our prized possessions; flooded cars being towed, sounds of dreaded generators, freezing and dark nights, cold showers and long gas station lines are impossible to forget...

I was able to escape from the bad memories when I reached my favorite creek today.

 Familiar coloring of brook trout put me on ease...



Today's trip felt so special as I feel like I have my life back!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are well Charles, it still boggles my mind to see your place like that. I have been there a few times and it's hard to imagine that. If anyone pulls through, I know it will be you and I am sure your neighbors are glad to have someone like you around.

    Hope you have more of these days to relax and get this thing behind you. Have a good week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god for angling therapy! So sorry man, sounds like hell. Eunju and I are sending you our best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angling therapy... amen to that brother! Compared to other places such as Rockaway, long beach and some shore side of NJ, our damage is nothing but this is something I never want to experience again. Be careful with the snow out there boys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you are back to your favorite creek. Happy to hear from you again Charles.

    ReplyDelete