Wednesday

Preparing to Start Fly Fishing in Northern California:

Now I am getting ready to do some fly fishing in Northern California, I feel like I am starting fly fishing all over again from the start. Maybe because I haven’t been out there yet, but type of flies and where to go, I feel I am kind of new to all these. Recently, I’ve been tying and some flies with the information from local fly shops and I also have been making some notes of different spots to fish. I can’t wait to go out there to share some stories with all my friends.


Since I decided to ship over all of my fly fishing stuff and couldn't wait until they get here, I had to go out and purchase some of the tools and material to do some tying for California water. At same time, I did tried making some tools for temporary use.

8 comments:

  1. you made some tools. I wanna be stuck with you on the desert island. Go to Hat creek and mount shasta area when you get the chance. I will come fish with you soon. so find all the spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you decided to stay in CA. Awesome. Now I have a reason to go to CA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. California, NorCal imparticular, has world class fly fishing. Way under rated in my opinion and one of the most deverse that you will find in north America in one state. You will have fun out here, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. conditions everywhere is good or better, sounds like a winner. good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait for your story and photos,
    my friend.
    Kind of busy these days,
    prepare for the certified casting instructor exam in Malaysia this June.
    Wish me luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look at that fishing condition board and it automatically brings a smile and images of California skies....

    Can't wait to see the fishing updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I dig deeper, it looks like there are a lot more going on here than I thought. As I tie, I am hopping I can make more time to explore Northern California. And I am sure I can share great fishing points for you guys.

    ReplyDelete