Monday

The nymphing class:

Last Saturday, rainbow fly shop in Korea invited a guest instructor to hold the nymphing class at one of the eastern creeks in a cold weather. It was mostly for new anglers, but some of us who are so used to dry fly fishing also wanted revisit nymphing techniques. The guest instructor Lee prepared special leaders that he made to share with the students, and also prepared many fishing images to share with the students for easy explanation. After finishing class, many of us practiced individually by splitting up to different part of creek. With cold weather, many of us weren’t able to see much of trout most of the day, but couple people were able to catch one or two towards end of the day. When sun was getting low, it just was too cold, my line was getting heavy with the ice build-up, and I had to fold my rod.































































7 comments:

  1. mrlee, doing what he does best - sharing the love and knowledge. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. missed the class... is there another session or two in the near future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much ksanchun for getting me the opportunity to work with Eun Nu in Korea. It was great to be out with people even if the weather was cold. The skill and diligence of Korean anglers is much higher than any students i had in the states and the food is much better! I really owe you one and cannot wait to share some of my Colorado streams with you when we get a chance and I promise it will be dry-fly only. BTW- I caught my first "big" lenok while demonstrating to the students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @soboro- you and I need to get out sometime soon and fish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stay warm out there guys, seems like deep freeze is hitting everywhere.

    ReplyDelete