Sunday

I miss PingLing

...in Taipei County and the top mouth that live there. I also miss the great green tea from the hills of Ping Lin. Damn, I was hung over this day, should never drink till 6 in the morning when you have to fish the next day. Especially if it’s going to be way over 90 degrees with intense humidity. I got in the water every chance I had, trying hard not to throw up & trying hard to keep up with my friends as we walked through the steep hills. Eventually I just gave up and swam in the pond where we were fishing and my friends shook their heads in disapproval. It was either that or I was going to pollute the pond with whiskey from my stomach. I’ll never forget that day. Ksanchun wasn't in much better shape either but I think he had a bottle of water... he never offered a sip. That's alright, I wouldn't have either.



5 comments:

  1. Ha Yoonho,
    I also miss pingling la.
    The project we used to join has stopped for a while. Actually, we have finished the project since this Jan. All data we collected helped Wesley to achieve his master degree.

    And, Yoonho, my girlfriend keeps asking me the mobile you designed.
    Bring me a mobile you designed next time you come la........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say hello to Wesley and the Taipei crew from all of us! I'll bring the phone soon. How's the new rods coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah, Yoonho, Wesley and I remodify several series of fly rods recently. It really takes time to organise this. Pushing manufacturer to develop new series and asking parts manufacturer to produce guides, handle and reel seats are really tiring to me.

    But, I believe all these we are doing are worth. I really want to win a new reward in EU again la.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what is the english name of the fish usually caught in pinglin? I saw another fishing blog and the target fish looked like a species of "chub".

    ReplyDelete
  5. R - I don't know but I posted an entry asking our Taiwan friends. We'll hear back from them soon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete