Sunday

Sitting at Incheon Airport, thinking about Grayling.













Time on planes and transfer waits provide excellent time to think about things we tend to forget in our everyday lives. I’m on my travels throughout Asia, waiting for my transfer, and during this time, I sat and day dreamed about my fish Grayling. I say my fish because looking back, I think this fish is why I started fly fishing. I fished bass and other game fish found in the Mid West US, then I came across some photos of grayling on the internet. The beauty of the fish overtook me, and I knew that if one day I was to catch one of this fish, I would need to learn how to fly fish. They call grayling “lady of the stream” and no wonder, it is a beautiful fish. I am far away from grayling, I have never actually caught or seen a grayling in person, but I have thought about this fish often. I hope that one day, my travels (fishing or business) will take me somewhere where I will have an opportunity to catch and see one of these fish. For now, it is my fantasy fish, something I only think about. It’s nice to have a fish to dream about.

If you have ever caught a grayling, please send me a photo and some description about it. It is my dream fish.


3 comments:

  1. I am visiting Incheon and came across your site while searching for "Incheon fishing."
    Nice writing -- I thought I'd let you know since I appreciated other people's comments.

    Bill
    4dbill.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your post while searching for "Incheon fishing."
    I am visiting here and long for fishing as well.
    Unfortunately, there aren't any grayings here, but I did manage to catch some river tarpons.

    Bill
    4Dbill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bill, Thank you for the kind words and for checking out the blog. I still have not seen this fish in person but I'm in no hurry. I know I will see it one day, and I no matter how that goes I will not be disappointed. I am checking out your videos and blog and enjoying it very much. I would like to link a video or two to this blog, if that's okay with you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete