Sunday

Darkness, help me find the way...












I have not done it much, but have always been fascinated with fly fishing at night. The few times I did go out, I caught some fish but it was basically a blind cast and strip retrieve and a few fish got hooked. With winter finally here and daylight shorter, I have been strategizing about how to fish in the dark. I bought some UV dubbing, some glow in the dark paint, and even managed to find some thread that glows in the dark. I know that fish sees different that we do, and can see things better in the dark, especially when the moon is up. Still a part of me thinks that having things glow slightly will help, and the other part of me thinks that glowing things will basically let the fish know this isn’t something they should eat. I hear from friends about the big fish they catch at night, because that’s when the really big ones are supposed to come out to feed. I need some advise on fishing at night, but have a hard time finding it. If you know anything about fly fishing at night in any kind of waters, please help point this young angler in the right direction. Thanks.



1 comment:

  1. well,
    I only have the night carp fishing experience.
    To be honest, I don't really like fishing at night...
    You know, people always talk about some horror stories about the river, the pond , and the mountain, especially in Asia.
    So when you get a strike at night, then you stroke, you hook something, you can never know what you get....unless the "thing" merges out the surface.
    Fortunately, I got a 70Cm carp that night, but next time, who knows "what will get me"....
    After all, safety is the first priority!!!

    ReplyDelete