Monday

first catch

Everyone must remember one's first catch in one's fishing life. One might catch his first fish with his father on a countryside stream at his early age. In my case, it happened at a trout farm last year.

After endless persuasion, a good friend of mine took me to a near-by reservoir called "Trout Valley." He bought all the fishing gears for me, taught me how to tie hooks, and showed me how to roll cast right at the site.

So, I caught four 40cm rainbows that day.

Surely, it was fun catching wonderful creatures. I may be born with angler's instinct. I might be darn lucky. But what I know for certain is that someone put a lot of effort and care and tried to share his own experience with me.

Whenever I go fishing, I think of my first landing. And my dear friend witnessing my first catch with a big smile on his face.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure that your friend also has no doubt that you would have done the same (share the experience). Although there is a part of it that if you compare it to popping the cherry for the first time, it’s like the friend took you to see a hooker on your first date.

    ReplyDelete