Monday

just another day of fishing...


















We were missing one out of our usual set of 3 friends (due to his trip to US), but we headed down to our favorite southern spot to fish for these aggressive “kuuri”. The drive is one that is just long enough to feel like a trip. It also allows us to make two stops at the rest stops along way, which are always usually full of good noodles and occasional dried squid snack. The weather was shaky and it seemed like it was about to pour at any moment, but fortunate for us, it held up. I had some ramen to ease my stomach from the alcohol from the night before, and bought some snacks that was to substitute for lunch (so fish more efficiently).


















We drove down to the banks of the water this time, and made use of my brother’s new SUV. I didn’t mention it at the time, but I think he intentionally took the rough & crooked road down to the bank, because the straight and tidy road was just nearby. He kicked the thing into 4X4 mode and soon we were right at the water’s edge. We had overcast and it was good for fishing, however it was a hot and humid day. I fished in my waders for the first couple of hours, but soon found myself fishing in my underwear. I’m glad I didn’t meet anyone there, and if anyone approached closeby, I simply waded in up to my chest and didn’t come out till that person was far gone. Yes, it was strange and unsightly for me to fish in my underwear, but hey – what won’t a guy do to keep his balls cool.















Fishing was good, enough catching to keep things interesting but not enough to keep us focused on fishing… too much catching tend to make one careless and unappreciative of the catch. The fish were smaller than what we were used to with this species, perhaps the time of day, perhaps the temperature. After we’ve both caught enough fish, we cruised up and down the river together, catching up on what each of us have been up to. We discussed how it’s sometimes more important to be not fishing sometime, that sometimes catching fish is only a small portion of the trip.

We finished the day off with the awesome tofu restaurant in the small town. This is one of those towns that’s tiny but everything about it is grand. It’s one of those towns that invites one to settle here, to make it a hometown. Another beautiful day.





















2 comments:

  1. You guys are unbelievable. 4x4, snack for lunch, no wader... and you tell me I am crazy about fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you during this trip. Looking forward to our upcoming trip! We'll be surrounded by fishing freaks - and will make our interest seem weak in comparison.

    ReplyDelete