Tuesday

There was no fish














Some of us say at the end of the day fly fishing in the creek, “There was no fish there” without hesitation. I am still a beginner to say what’s right or wrong, but after some experience in the creek here in Korea, I will carefully say there was fish, but we just can’t catch them that easy. In the creek, there are many variables water level, temperature, weather, temperature of water, and other angler was there or animal. Some of us who are rather beginners often end up catching small size of trout if we are lucky or Zacco temmincki (Common creek fish in Korea). Experts say large ones are large because they’ve survived because of they are intelligent enough to protect themselves from predator.
The act of catching those large trout rather consistently is what really skill of fly fishing, I realized that to be an experienced angler, I needed to able to adjust my tactic of catching fish each time I am in the creek, look at the bugs around us, check out the water temperature, throw test bug to see I get any reaction, or ask others for advise. There are handful days that I can’t catch any fish yet other experienced anglers catch number of large trout. And there are a few of experienced anglers that have no consistency, and one of them often say “There were no fish there.” I used to hear that and feeling better because I also thought the same, but now as I get more experienced, I started to noticed that wasn’t true all the time.

1 comment:

  1. I like to say that a lot along with--

    * when there's a coldfront like this, fish don't bite.
    * these waters are small fish only.
    * I think there was a fisherman just pass by here, fool spooked all the fish.

    ReplyDelete