Saturday

Large Fly for Large Fish

One of my fly fishing mentors handed me one large fly which was specially design for large cherry trout in one creek location in Korea right after I couldn't hook any. He explained to me that his understanding of catching large cherry trout during the evening hatching time in that location was to throw large fly. This weekend, I tried to duplicate some of that fly he gave me. The black packing foam as a tail and used #10 hook which is somewhat large for Korea.

3 comments:

  1. did you end up catching the bigger trout?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually haven't used it yet, but I am confident that I can. It just is strange one hour while bug hatching. There are so many bugs in the air that even I get excited. It is ont actually proved but large fish intend to look for bigger fly during that hatching time because there are so many flies to choose from and they mosly likely attack larger one rather than small fly.

    ReplyDelete