Thursday

difficult day















Even when fishing, there are the days when everything that can go wrong, goes wrong. I had one of these shit days recently and it sucked. I got out to fish, everything seemed fine. Line ready, tied one of my favorite flies on, made the smooth cast and..and..and… crap the fly is stuck on the tree behind me on my first swing back. The fly was not only stuck where I could not reach it, it was stuck for good. The only thing to do was to break off the line, and in doing so, I slipped on the mud below my feet and soon I was on my back. I gather myself and tied on another fly. I was able to make the cast forward, but then CRAAAAAAAP! this time, the fly was stuck on the tree out in the water. No waders, too deep, I was going to have to break off the line again. I smell something funny and I look down to realize that the mud I slipped in wasn’t all mud. I feel on my back onto a pile of duck shit, and it smelled bad. I decide that this spot that looked so promising wasn’t going to work out so I walked out to a more open area. I made a few casts as I walked out and managed to hook on a small bass. Out in the open, I was feeling a lot better, except I smelled like duck shit. I wasn’t able to catch anything prize worthy, but I did catch a few bass and a lot of blue gills and crappies. I have to applaud for the blue gills & crappies, when you’re not catching much these guys will save you the shame of being totally skunked. I got home, I had a headache, and my legs hurt from the fall. I figure, sometime you have to have one of these to be able to appreciate the good ones. Plus, of fishing is still pretty good compared to many other things in life.




No comments:

Post a Comment