Sunday

Trapped Fish:

I was at my mom’s in northern CA about forty minutes south of San Francisco as a regular visit, and didn’t find much chance to go out to fish because there were too many planned trip to Home Depot and not easy access to fishing. One morning, I decided to do a quick jogging around the flood channel that neighborhood and I happened to see more water in the area than usual. About the time I started to get some sweat, I saw water moving in a strange pattern: I suppose, ever since I started to do fly fishing, I acquired a bad habit of looking at any water comes in my site whether I am walking or driving. At first, I thought it was a spring coming out of ground or duck swimming under water for looking for food. I saw a large fish in there swimming! I remember that location is often full of dry long standing weeds and several family of hiding ducks from big birds that looking for the food. Since it was getting dark, I did thought of coming back next day to throw a line or two to see what kind of feedback I get, but walking out of that area, I saw a large sign said “No fishing and No swimming.” Next day, I know I have to fly out back to Seoul, so I decided to let that big fish go for now.

3 comments:

  1. do you know what those fish species are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it was as a big as my whole arm length. It had a brown or redish color becasue I was able to see the contrast of color against the water. The channel is connected to SF bay, so I am assuming it's got to be some kind of fish from the ocean. That's all I can assume for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! It didn't say "No FLY fishing."

    ReplyDelete