Wednesday

fishing with my son














I am sure that fishing with my son is one of the most important reasons why I love this sport. My older son Jon likes to fish and is good at catching fish. There’s that moment when you no longer have to help them while at fishing, where they know how to bait their hooks, change lures, and know how to release fish by themselves. He’s finally at that point, and he continues to ask for more of his own equipment, and no longer wants to fish with the Batman rods. This year I will teach him to fly fish, and we plan on spending time up in the creeks of western Wisconsin. When I ask him what is his favorite fish, he answers that it’s a trout, but he doesn’t forget to mention that he’s never caught one in the wild (he’s a caught a few in the trout farm). I hope that this year he will be able to catch his first wild trout, and I plan to be there to guide him. My younger son still has a few years before he catches up to fishing with us, but I am sure he will have a wonderful time, being in charge of netting the fish when it gets close enough. My wife is still unsure about fishing, but she’s promised to give it a try this year. I hope that this season is the one where our entire family shares time on the water, with fishing rods in out hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment