Friday

super size me


















Bigger fish want bigger meals… so they say. Bigger bass, pike, trout and many other predator fish adhere to the rule. Mice are often menu items in the meal plans of predatory fish, along with frogs and other smaller rodents. I have always found the mouse pattern very effective for bass, and eagerly wait for the day when I will catch a trout that’s sized to take a larger pattern as such. I did a quick search on line and found a bunch of mouse fly patterns & lures… some very cute, some not, and some just very funny. This year is the year that I plan to meet some bigger fish, so I better tie some of these furry creatures.







2 comments:

  1. I saw one of these mice at a fly shop here in Oregon. I thought is was a gag and asked the gentleman "What are these for? Catching cats?" with a chuckle. He said "No, those are for catching fish." without breaking a smile.
    I guess I still have a lot to learn....

    ReplyDelete
  2. John- go catch a big brown trout with one of these mice and send us a photo! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete