Wednesday

The Old Favorite Lake…



I went out to my favorite spot around where I live. This is the “regular” spot, where I will go without plan, a place to stop for a couple of hours when driving by. The day was a nice spring day, with a slight breeze, and a warm sunset about to brew. The lake greeted me well the first day out in 2008, with lots of fish at the end of my line. Like the season, the fish that were getting caught were young, small, and full of curiosity. Basically they were biting on everything I threw in the lake, including some fish biting at my extended line. A few small largemouth bass, a few croppies, and a few blue gills were to be seen. The very first fish from this special lake was a blue gill, caught on a tiny dry fly. I too extra caution to handle the fish minimally to quickly return them to the water. Some of these fish might greet me later in the summer, bigger and stronger. I took a lazy walk around the premise, cleaned up a few cans people left from last year, and was pleased to be back my my old familiar lake.













No comments:

Post a Comment