Sunday

relationship between snow and flies...



There seems to be a direct correlation between the quality of my flies, with the amount of snow we get in the area. The more snow we get the better my flies become. As well as the quantity of flies that becomes stocked in my fly cabinet. I still need to get better at replicating specific creatures from nature, as for now I am mainly happy experimenting with the various techniques of fly tying. I had a go at some flies last night, and although not as neat as the flies I buy, it’s better than the first set of flies I tied a few weeks back (their performance was pretty poor in the water). At this rate of snow, I will tie enough flies to last me for years. I can’t wait to see how each one does, and once some prove to be better than others, I will tie more of the same.

2 comments:

  1. you need to drink more cognac , and dream about what a fish would eat, then tie your flies. often times the not so good looking fly, catches the fish. make sure you are replicating the stage of the evolution of specific insect,not the mass produced flies made in factories. remember- build what you use. It has soul.

    your mentor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment master. I am drinking more cognac now, and thinking about the fish I am about to catch tomorrow. I am inspired about your comment about breathing soul into the tools I use. Thank you and let's hit the flats soon.

    ReplyDelete