Sunday

build what you use…


There comes a time on the water where you have thoughts on how to make gear better, and then there are times to start taking action to do it. I am fascinated by outdoors gear, more specifically fishing gear. The simplicity of the mechanism, the elegance of the details, and the purposeful design that catches fish. Sure there is a lot of designs already out there, and sure there are thousands of manufacturers. But then again, what industry isn’t like that? There is a lot of furniture companies and even more phone companies. That doesn’t stop people from building and starting new ones and the successful ones will take the place of older ones. The road to starting anything new is unknown and frightening. However the thought of someone on the water, using a gear that I designed, and thinking – damn that’s clever (or elegant, or smart, or useful, or simply beautiful) wants to make me travel down this road. The thought of me using one myself is what I dream of, every night I go to sleep. It’s nice to have things to dream of.

No comments:

Post a Comment