Thursday

i will remember you



I caught a fish most people call trash fish around here. Most consider it a nuisance and a mistake to catch one. Most think of it a lowly fish, because it eats from the bottom of the lakes. They are not the pretty and they are not aggressive (as game fish should be). They are unpredictable so catching them is unpredictable. Around here, people throw them away when they are caught...



I caught one of these fish, and I thought about what people call it. I thought about how if fish had emotion, what it would be thinking. I thought about what it would feel like, to be caught and not be prized. I took a picture with it, because I wanted to remember it. I took a picture of it so people can see it around the world and maybe think about why we fish (and what we catch). As I let it go, I thought about a different person catching it, and even if that person called it trash fish, if it will feel different knowing that someone prized it. I will remember this fish for a long time, for all it traits and the thoughts it brought me.

No comments:

Post a Comment